Servicing and fault elimination is an important part of business operations. It is a continuous process. It requires proper planning and constant evaluation of activities. The Maintenance Department (MTD) is one of the most important departments in manufacturing companies. Its systematic work is related to the performance of tasks to ensure the technical infrastructure of the plant. Employees repair, maintain and clean the machines in the plant. It is also their responsibility to control the contents of spare parts warehouses.
Maintenance workers are people with specific knowledge and skills. They constantly ensure that the entire production process runs smoothly. Without UR specialists, production cannot function properly. Therefore, the department is most often appreciated and the difficult work is noticed.
The tasks of the maintenance department
- Removing failures of pneumatic components and planning their service.
- Ensuring high efficiency of production processes.
- Planning overhauls and maintenance of all production equipment.
- Maintenance of installations and fixing leaks.
- Maintaining records of fixed assets.
- Management of spare parts and equipment purchases
- Optimization of spare parts and consumables costs and reduction of energy consumption in the company.
- Implementation of measures for the modernisation of existing solutions to meet increasing needs.
- Planning training courses for employees in order to improve their qualifications.
Occupations related to work in the maintenance department.
- Automation worker
- Automation – IT specialist
- Maintenance mechanic
Progressive automation is an innovative form of enterprise development. The implementation of modern solutions makes it possible, among other things, to shorten the production process. The continuing trend may lead to a maximisation of the number of machines in companies. Therefore, we should expect an increase in job offers for specialists from the UR department. And although maintenance is about ensuring the efficiency of the machinery fleet, it is impossible to achieve the goal without specialists and their knowledge.
Would you like to change your job? Check out our maintenance vacancies.
We also encourage you to take a look at our other permanent recruitments in the manufacturing industry – you can find more details on EurokadraPRO.